The role of a Student Leadership Member:
- You will attend regular fortnightly meetings with other Student Leadership members from each year.
- You will take ideas and suggestions your year have to discuss at Student Leadership meetings.
- You will bring back ideas, information and suggestions to your year and encourage your year to listen, discuss, share their views and, where necessary, vote on actions that need to be taken.
- You will help to organise charity events throughout the year.
- You will encourage the students in your year to be aware of their school environment and to respect and care for it.
Some of the more senior Student Leadership members will be responsible for specific tasks:
- Student Leadership Chairperson (leads the meetings).
- Student Leadership Secretary (writes the minutes of the meetings).
Specific qualities needed to become a Student Leadership Member:
As an individual, you may bring lots of additional skills and abilities to this role in particular, however to be a successful Student Leadership member you need to:
- Be reliable.
- Be proud of our school and want our school to be the best it can be.
- Listen carefully to the views of others and take their ideas on board.
- Represent the majority view of your year, even if you don’t agree!
- Commit time to this role and accept that you may need to do things during break times and/or lunchtimes.
- Be enthusiastic.
- Be kind and respectful.
- Be patient.
- Allocation of fund-raised money
- Recycling- litter picking, making students aware of their waste and where to put it.
- Extra Curricular Officer
- Library – Reading